About & Contact
About the Partnership
Since 2004, the Government of the Czech Republic and the UNDP in Europe and Central Asia have cooperated to bring the best practices and comparative knowledge to countries throughout the region. In 2018, the UNDP and the Czech Republic entered the next stage of collaboration – the Czech-UNDP Partnership for SDGs.
The projects bring innovative sustainable solutions to the development challenges for all 6 of the priority countries of Czech development cooperation.
Project’s Donor is the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic.
- Expertise on Demand focuses on transfer of Czech experience and specific know-how and create opportunities for sharing Czech expertise and strengthening expert capacities within the global UN system. Expertise includes technological assistance, expert consulting, preparation of feasibility studies and other.
- Challenge Fund supports innovation challenges, which look for new solutions that leverage Czech know-how and generate improvement and value, especially by introducing new methods, ideas, or products. All projects need to assure viability in local conditions, long-term sustainability and tackle development challenges in other countries.
- Knowledge Management throughout the project duration, the CUP specialists collect, validate, document and make available know how, best practices, lessons learned, and all other important information produced and collected during project initiatives throughout the entire duration of the project.
Good governance and rule of law (SDG16)
Sustainable management of natural resources (SDG6, SDG13)
Economic transformation and development (SDG7, SDG8)
Agriculture and rural development (SDG2, SDG15)
- 76 Challenge Fund projects in 6 countries (13 new projects starting in 2022)
- 33 Expertise on Demand deployments in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Republic of Moldova
- 2021 Challenge Fund project featured in UNOSSC’s Good Practices on the South-South cooperation
- The project convincingly proved its effectiveness and positive development impacts generation, even though limited so far. Despite the global pandemic, all project output indicator targets were overachieved (2021 Czech-UNDP Partnership Mid-Term Review page 10)