Moldova – Czech Challenge Fund 2022
As there is a currently an open call for applications for Czech Challenge Fund 2022, we would like to introduce you all the priority countries to make your decision making easier.
Republic of Moldova is a landlocked country located in Eastern Europe and has a population of 2,6 million people. It is composed of 32 districts with a capital city Chisinau.
Moldova has been one of the priority countries of Challenge Fund since its beginning in 2018. So far, there were 14 projects implemented with five of them finishing this year. Even though, Moldova is one of the most popular countries to apply for within Challenge Fund, there is no quota on how many projects will be chosen in each priority country.
Projects that were implemented in the past varied from technological to industrial and ecological. Challenge Fund supported smart transportation projects to make local transportation more efficient, ecological product innovation lab to assure food quality and communication platform for Moldovan agriculture. You can find the full list of implemented projects here.
Moldova has various interest in different innovations beyond the above mentioned topics both in the capital city and countryside, that is why the priorities of UNDP office in Moldova for 2022 call for applications are as follows:
- Sustainable Growth, with focus on e.g., inclusive and Equitable economic growth, Support of markets, employment and encouragement of economic growth, Mitigation of negative impacts of economic decline in the sectors of agriculture, market, employment.
- Sustainable Green Cities, with focus on e.g., Green Technologies & Affordable Energy Sources, ensuring energy affordability, and mitigating the impacts of energy poverty for local communities.
- Solutions on Digital Transformation, with focus on e.g., Digital Innovations & New Solutions for ICT Sector for local communities in and refugees from Ukraine.
- Climate Change with focus on e.g., Energy efficiency, Green transformation (Based on EU Green Deal), Environmental sustainability and resilience, Ensuring energy affordability, and mitigating the impacts of energy poverty for local communities and refugees from Ukraine.
- “Just Transition” – Environment; Anti-Corruption and Eco-Innovations in the Governance Line, with focus on e.g., Digital services and technologies to improve and support the public service delivery, increasing people’s engagement, enhancing transparency, accountability, inclusion.
About the Czech-UNDP Partnership – Challenge Fund and Expertise on Demand
Through the Challenge Fund and Expertise on Demand, the Czech-UNDP Partnership for SDGs brings innovative solutions from the Czech Republic’s private sector, NGOs, universities, state institutions, research centres and individuals to tackle specific developmental challenges in the priority countries. The implementation of projects and expertises is financially supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic.
Currently a new call for application is open, deadline is on 31th July 2022!